søndag 7. oktober 2012

Tony Parsons - Talk 6th October 2012 – A Few Comments


Ja, hva skal vi tro ... ?   Hvem er de alle sammen, og hva vil de?  

Published 10/07/2012
Tony Parsons - Talk 6th October 2012 – A Few Comments
Oct 06, 2012 05:51 pm | Reena

"There were many laughs at Tony Parsons’ talk today in Hampstead, London. What a ball. It was nice to go with a few people connected with this blog too. Unlike the satsang I went to a few weeks ago, this meeting was alive and vital. No chance of boredom. The room was packed, probably about 130+ people. I said a quick hello to him at the end and told him I would love to talk with him on the phone but daytimes were difficult. He said to email him my number and he would call me one evening. Now, who else would offer that?

It’s hard to put the meeting into words – you kinda had to be there. Words are not there to describe it and if I were to describe it, it would be a second-hand attempt and probably something would end up being added. Nonetheless I’ll give it a go and I jotted down a few snippets for you:

“There’s no such thing as free will and choice – it’s part of the dream.”

“We’re discussing the possibility of the end of individuality.”

“The way it reveals itself is by not being known.”

“There is no knowing of liberation although there can be expression of it but this comes out of nothing.” (paraphrased)

(This one was in response to a question I had about there being a sense of the me being no more, and that life becomes different and therefore, my question was is this a kind of knowing.)

“If cause and effect were real there would be such a thing as real time.”

Ref I AM – “There’s no “I” to be “I Am” ” I Amness is just another game.”

And lastly, “Awareness is that which feeds separation.”

Now, on the last quote – this evening as I checked my email there was one about “one of the pioneers of non-duality” who is giving a talk. The thought came that I should go just to see what this person has to say, but then I watched one of this person’s videos and decided against it. In one video, he was propounding awareness as one’s true nature, and then encouraged the listener to “cease allowing tension to settle on thoughts, ie pause thinking.” So, if you pause thinking that’s the direct method to enlightenment? If you get to awareness you’ve, err, what exactly? Awoken? Become realized? It’s a nice idea, but it doesn’t work quite that way – not from where I’m standing anyway.

The message in this video, to me, was not vital nor alive. It was simply an idea. It was a message of there being a process by which you could get to awareness and thus get there – whatever the ‘there’ was that this person thinks is ‘there. Because that’s what it is – a method to get somewhere. Hmmm!

As Tony Parsons said today (and what a cheeky chappie ‘he’ is!): “Eckhart Tolle, Gangaji, and now Andrew Cohen are on a path of saving the world.” That was so funny.

Only up to a few weeks ago I had been watching Gangaji and had thought she had something great to offer. And then I got it. These people all have some method to offer, and they sit there as if they have achieved something that all those who come and listen to them, can also now achieve, thanks to their teaching and ‘transmission.’ (lol). The whole teacher-student thing jars badly with me. It creates a separate-type scenario whilst trying to teach Oneness – how contradictory can you get.

But where the teacher sets themself up as a teacher, it’s like they set themselves up as God or a special spokesperson for Oneness, and it all becomes very much based upon them as an individual. The student becomes dependent on them, and compares themself to the teacher. And so the game of becoming better continues, only now it seems elevated since the word ‘spiritual’ has been added. Yet it has become even more of a subtly and inadvertently deceptive process and one that can never stop, like a runaway train.

Same with this guy in the email today. All these people who set themselves up as teachers are simply advocating ideas that come from separation. If they came from Oneness, the teaching would be ‘I can teach you nothing because you are already That’ but instead what they say is ‘close your eyes, remove thought, and bingo, you’ve realized yourself’ Or teachings of awareness – and as Tony Parsons says, awareness needs someone separate to be aware of something separate. So where’s the Oneness in that?

Well, obviously, even separation is Oneness by the very nature of Oneness, but it’s the teachings that these teachers put out that are in question and keep the seeker constantly seeking. What’s even more funny as well as subtly deceptive is that some teachers will speak of ‘my teacher’ (eg Papaji or others) – but if they are realized then why would they need to keep referring to ‘their teacher’? Why would they hold on to that story? How come they even use the word ‘my’ in the phrase ‘my teacher’? (Now, I had several really good teachers but they were called school teachers…lol)

As you can see, I’m not in favour of following a spiritual teacher. You don’t need a teacher, for that would be like saying there is something wrong with you, or something needs fixing. You don’t need a teacher, and there isn’t something wrong with you, and you don’t need fixing. You just need to be prepared to let the me-story collapse. To just be prepared for that. You don’t have to do it, and you can’t do it. But just be prepared. Mind you, even that sounds like a process in some way, but I guess what I’m saying is stop searching for it, cos it’s here already and everywhere."

Thanks for reading.

Comments, as always, welcome.

Love,
Reena

PS. Next Tony Parsons talk in London is on 3rd November. I think I will be going, and if you wish to hook up before-hand then let me know. We’ll probably meet in the Starbucks across the road from Hampstead tube station.

PPS In case you’re thinking this is the opposite of what I’m saying – ie going to see Tony is like going to see a teacher – wrong! Going to see Tony is like going to the Comedy Club 

Spiritual Truth Blog — Ascension, raise your Consciousness, soul plan, spiritual awakening


Ingen kommentarer: