lørdag 16. november 2013

The Great and Wondrous Fall - By Summer Bacon

"Sometimes you must descend into the pit, before you can ascend to the top of the mountain," our family friend, Swami Parampanthi once told me. It's what Eckart Tolle and others calls, "The Dark Night of the Soul" (http://www.eckharttolle.com/newsletter/october-2011) "a term used to describe what one could call a collapse of a perceived meaning in life...an eruption into your life of a deep sense of meaninglessness.."

I must admit, this is what I have been experiencing these past few weeks, but I believe I am emerging victorious in this time of rebirthing of the authentic self, which Dr. Peebles talks about in the 9-month Seasons of the Soul teaching series, "A Journey into Wholeness."

You see, in the past three years I have had over 20 family member and cherished friends die, some quite unexpectedly. I cared for my father who landed in the hospital with a spinal injury after the death of my mother. My daughter got married (yay!), and then moved away. :( And, finally, I got my things that had been put into storage in 2009 when I lost my home (yay). Now I have to sort through them. :( 

Needless to say, a lot of ups and downs. It's what Dr. Peebles forewarned me about nearly 27 years ago through trance medium, Thomas Jacobson. He called it, "The Cellars and Ceilings of Summer."

As I already mentioned in my last letter to you, this past week has been full of rapid changes, including losing my kitty, Alex, who ran away.

Today, while soaking in the tub (a great place for prayer and meditation), I asked Dr. Peebles to help me with my life. I have been working on a new form of channeling that I can do for myself without exhausting myself. I relax my body, and simply allow him to take over the muscles in the area of my mouth, throat, etc. There's a feeling of detachment that I love in doing this, and there is the bonus of being able to hear everything Dr. Peebles says to me, though I don't necessarily retain the exact phrasing after I come out of this kind of trance. (Yes, in the future I'll do this and record it for myself). My mouth moves effortlessly, and there isn't that classic groan of energy that you hear before and after the sessions. It happens almost like a sigh.

Well, today Dr. Peebles talked to me about many things, and I felt this calmness and serenity come over me. One of the things he mentioned was my kitty, Alex. "Alex is not alive at this time, Summer, and there is very little chance he will return...in the same body." I asked him what happened, and he said that Alex fell to his death. Now, you'd have to understand Alex, my crazy kitty with an insatiable taste for adventure and heights. He was literally capable of jumping up and standing on the top of an open door! The higher he went, the happier he was. And here in beautiful Arizona, with the cliffs and trees, I realized Dr. Peebles was speaking truth, although I was more certain that Alex might have been eaten by the coyotes. Dr. Peebles said, "No, he was not eaten by coyotes, Summer. He fell."

I was now suddenly quite astonished because one of my dearest friends, Doug, a man who had the soul and heart of an angel, fell 60 feet to his death while climbing our local Thunder Mountain for the 1,135th time. He, and my then-boyfriend, Don, had taken me and my brother to the top of that mountain for my 50th birthday, and it was an arduous and sometimes treacherous hike that had the payoff of breathtaking 360 degree views at the top. (Watch the short video I created of our journey. http://www.summerbacon.com/fun-stuff.html The actor, Gary Coleman, had died close to my birthday, and for some reason my giddy companions on the hike teased about how he was watching over me, and therefore there was no need for me to be afraid. You'll see his image as part of the video.)"    forts.

Ingen kommentarer: