fredag 11. mai 2012

Beauty Is Everywhere

Visionkeeper – Beauty Is Everywhere – 11 May 2012

"I am facing yet another day of rain and the earth is so soggy you can’t do a whole lot outside without creating mud. Having just moved with visions of all the things I want to create and plant, I have had to rein in my energy and accept a momentary stall of plans until things dry out. I was looking through pictures this morning and was reminded of how one can find beauty and positive feelings if one just takes the time to look around them and expand their minds to see things from whole new perspectives. My situation is a classic example. I can see the rain as an obstacle in my progress or I can accept it for what it is and try to find the positives in it. Just like the picture reveals, there is a beauty one would not ordinarily see unless one has their eyes and mind open to life. Much truth to the saying ” beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.”

So many times we allow ourselves to get upset about situations we have no control over in the first place. Where is the logic in that? If you cannot control something, the only sane thing to do is to go with the flow and wait until things change course. I cannot obviously stop the rain so the next best thing for me was to use it to my advantage. Having just moved and unpacked over a 100 boxes, I took this time to try to slow down and get my strength back. Yesterday I cooked up a big pot of Turkey and Veggie soup. The house smelled wonderful, it was cozy inside as the rain beat down on my roof and I finally sat down for once and put my feet up. I needed it and it felt great."     forts.




Ingen kommentarer: